Lisa Lately

Random musings about life, family, and crochet

My Photo
Name: Lisa
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a perfectionist. What more do you need to know?

Monday, January 10, 2005

Petal Stitch Poncho

I do crochet things other than the butterfly shawl. I made this poncho, for example. I made one for my niece Mallory for Christmas, and when I had Brigid try it on for size, she liked it so much that she asked me to make one for her, too. Ooh, a request! How could I turn her down?

This pattern is slightly tricky at the beginning, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually quite easy and goes rather quickly. I can make one of the ponchos in just a few hours. I like the open lacy look. This poncho can be worn two ways, with the flowers down the front or over one shoulder. It looks really nice over a turtleneck sweater, like Brigid is wearing in the photos below, or over a tank top in warmer weather. Brigid is still headless in the photos, of course. Shy girl.

I made Brigid's poncho with two 6-ounce skeins of TLC Amoré. The color is Sand. (Click on the photos for a larger view.)



Here, the flowers are in the front. Posted by Hello



Here's a back view with the flowers in the front. Posted by Hello



The flowers can also be worn over one shoulder. Posted by Hello



The points of the poncho are off-center in the front and back. Posted by Hello



Here's a close-up of the stitches. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger Keeper said:

Wow! That is really gorgeous. :)

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 2:21:00 PM 
Blogger Lisa said:

The pattern is linked in the first paragraph.

Thursday, April 28, 2005 5:39:00 PM 

Post a Comment

HOME