Lisa Lately

Random musings about life, family, and crochet

My Photo
Name: Lisa
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a perfectionist. What more do you need to know?

Monday, January 10, 2005

Hobnail Afghan

Okay, two posts in one day. As my daughter Brigid would say, Woot!

I've crocheted a lot of afghans over the past few years. Here's one of my favorites. I am really proud of this one, because it was rather challenging for me at the time I made it.

I'm a member of a crochet mailing list, Crochet Partners. This Aran-style pattern, Hobnail Afghan, is from the Crochet Partners Library. I was wanting to make an Aran sweater for myself, and I thought it would be a good idea to make an Aran afghan first, to get the hang of the complicated stitches. I found the stitches weren't difficult once I got going, and this afghan was a lot of fun to make, but I never did make an Aran sweater.

I made my afghan with Red Heart Super Saver. The color is Aran. (Click on the photos for a larger view.)



Hobnail Afghan Posted by Hello



Close-up of the stitches Posted by Hello



Tight close-up Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Blogger Keeper said:

Gorgeous! You need to make that sweater. ;)

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 2:13:00 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said:

Your afghan is very beautiful! Excellent work! I am trying to make it and don't understand how to do row 5. Can you help me with pictures or anything. Thankyou.

Saturday, June 26, 2010 11:31:00 PM 
Blogger Lisa said:

Anonymous - thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately I don't have the pattern anymore! Sorry I can't help you with this.

Monday, June 28, 2010 8:05:00 PM 

Post a Comment

HOME