Lisa Lately

Random musings about life, family, and crochet

My Photo
Name: Lisa
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a perfectionist. What more do you need to know?

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Great for Your Guy Afghan

Okay, another afghan I'm proud of. This one, the "Great for Your Guy" afghan, is from the September 2002 issue of Crochet! magazine. I don't know if their site has back issues, but Jennie Gaskin at Country Yarns carries all sorts of hard-to-find leaflets and back issues of magazines.

This pattern uses a lot of long double crochets, where you double crochet into the stitch in a row below your current row. This makes a thick fabric. As a result, this afghan is heavy and warm. This pattern was fun to work. I think it looks like rows of birds. I also like the border on this afghan.

I made this one using
Red Heart Super Saver. The colors are Dark Plum and Light Gray. (Click on the pictures for a larger view.)



Wide view of the afghan Posted by Hello



Close-up of the stitches Posted by Hello



Another close-up Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said:

Very nice afghan. It really does look like birds in flight.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 8:56:00 PM 

Post a Comment

HOME