Lisa Lately

Random musings about life, family, and crochet

My Photo
Name: Lisa
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a perfectionist. What more do you need to know?

Friday, March 04, 2005

Oscar Winner


I've been too busy to update in a while. Sorry! So some quick catching up is in order.

Our local newspaper sponsors a Pick the Oscar Winners contest, and I won! I picked the correct winners in the categories of best actor, best actress, best supporting actor, best supporting actress, best director, and best picture, and for a tie-breaker, best foreign language film. Two other people also picked all these correctly, so the tie-breaker didn't work. A roll of the dice resulted in me being the first-place winner. I was really surprised when the paper's movie critic called me to tell me I'd won.

What did I win? Well, something this dedicated moviegoer can really use: ten movie tickets and ten $5 gift certificates to a local restaurant! Ron and I have been seeing a lot of movies the past couple of years. We have date night every week, usually a weeknight, and most weeks we go to dinner and a movie.

I think this year's best movie was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Charlie Kaufman won an Oscar for best original screenplay, and Kate Winslet snagged a nomination for best actress. But the movie was otherwise overlooked in the Oscars. Too bad. This quirky movie has an intense love story at its core, and the method of storytelling requires the viewer to bring along some brains—two things I really love in a movie. I highly recommend this movie if you can handle a little weirdness in your entertainment.

2 Comments:

Blogger BuNNi said:

I saw Eternal Sunshine the other day and absolutely loved it! Congrats on the win :)

Friday, March 04, 2005 8:13:00 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said:

Congrats on your win!

I want to see "Eternal Sunshine...". Maybe we'll put it on our to-watch list for next weekend.

We just saw "Ray" last night, and WOW! I was very impressed!

Monday, March 07, 2005 11:59:00 PM 

Post a Comment

HOME