Lisa Lately

Random musings about life, family, and crochet

My Photo
Name: Lisa
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a perfectionist. What more do you need to know?

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Out and About

I went to the health club and "worked out" today. I put that in quotes because what I did hardly counts as a workout. Normally I walk a hill course on the treadmill at about 4.5 miles per hour. Today I walked a flat course at 3.0 miles per hour. I followed this with about 10 minutes on the recumbent bike at level 0 — yes, level zero. After the bike, I lifted no weights at all. I barely broke a sweat, but Ron was happy because I didn't overexert myself. Still, I was definitely glad to be moving around and working some muscles. If I feel fine tomorrow morning, I might ramp things up a bit, but I'll still be careful not to overdo anything, especially lifting weights. I don't want to mess up the healing process of the incision area. I'm hoping the incision heals nicely with minimal scarring, and lifting weights too soon could interfere with that.

The worst part of going to work out was not the reduced level of my workout, but rather the too-tight neckline on my shirt. I've been wearing blouses with open collars ever since the surgery, but this morning I wore my normal workout clothes. The long-sleeved T-shirt has a fairly loose neckline — but apparently not loose enough. I was glad to get out of it when I got home.

After lunch today, I drove myself to get a much-needed haircut. Driving was fine, so I'm back in business now. Staying home the past two weeks has made me quite stir-crazy, and my release is coming not a moment too soon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I'm glad you are up and around. I was going to go to a yoga class today but decided to hit the snooze button instead.

Saturday, February 25, 2006 3:53:00 PM 
Blogger Lisa said:

Thanks, Cindy. It's a little easier making yourself go when you've been restricted, though. It feels more like something fun rather than work!

Saturday, February 25, 2006 4:01:00 PM 

Post a Comment

HOME